Starting the Admission Process
If you would like to begin the admission process, please download and complete the admission form below and provide the required documentation.
Please contact us with any questions you may have by phone at (313) 823-6000 or visit our office during school hours.
New to our Community or Transferring Your Child
If you have recently moved to our community or wish to transfer your child to our school, parents and legal guardians must provide a birth certificate and proof of identity to begin the admission process. For more information, please contact us by phone at (313) 823-6000 or visit our office during school hours.
New students, under the age of 18, must be enrolled by their parent or legal guardian. Parents and legal guardians must provide copies of the following documents along with the complete admission forms.
- Original birth certificate
- Court papers allocating parental rights and responsibilities, or custody papers (if appropriate).
- Proof of Immunizations
- Copy of driver’s license or state I.D
Please bring all documents to our school office at 10800 E. Canfield, Detroit, MI, during regular school hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Recognizing the importance of a strong educational foundation, Barack Obama Leadership Academy students are given the tools and support necessary to realize their full potential. Students are highly encouraged to develop their leadership, critical thinking and social skills to build their self-confidence and ignite their enthusiasm for learning.
Our curriculum is uniquely designed to help our students develop:
- A well-rounded education including mathematics, reading, science, art, communication and leadership with an enthusiasm for learning
- A sense of individual responsibility and self-discipline, respect for others, and pride
- An ability to expand their horizons and always strive for excellence
Leader in Me
During the 2019-2020 academic year, the Barack Obama Leadership Academy will integrate the Leader in Me model within our school culture and our academic, athletic and extracurricular programs. The Leader in Me model is designed to empower students and equip them with the leadership and life skills they need to thrive now and in the future.